Crowns, Bridges & Veneers
Crowns and Veneers
Crowns and Veneers may be required to help save and strengthen a tooth when a simple white filling will not be strong enough. While more expensive than fillings, crowns, veneers and bridges look more like real teeth and last significantly longer.
Crowns and/or Veneers may be needed for the following reasons:
- There is a large cavity in the tooth, which will not have a long lifetime if a simple white filling is placed
- To help strengthen a heavily filled tooth
- To help protect a tooth that has been root canal treated
- To restore a cracked tooth
- For cosmetic enhancement
- To restore a dental implant
- For people who are heavy clenchers or grinders
A bridge is a dental restoration made up of porcelain crowns to replace a missing tooth.
Usually, the two teeth either side of the missing tooth are crowned, and these two crowns are attached to another crown which sits or “floats” just above the gumline where the tooth is missing.
Protect your smile & your health
Make an appointment for a dental exam today! We welcome all new patients to Baxter Dental Surgery, where most major forms of dental insurance are also accepted.